Filed under BASKETBALL, STUDENTS

Lee vs. Coffee boys basketball: play by play

Erica+Irby+%289%29+gets+ready+to+make+another+play%2C+and+takes+a+break+from+the+previous+play.+

Erica Irby (9) gets ready to make another play, and takes a break from the previous play.

The game of all games, the two Trojans battle for the number one spot in the 6A region. This game for the boys determined who will house the region games, or where they will be played at. Both teams had a big game ahead of them.

Javian Johnson (12) said, “This game means a lot to me because I really would like to be number one in the region. I would like to be number one so the students can support us in all our region games that will be at home if we win tonight.”

This game tonight could change everything. Kyle Toole (11) said “Our practice that we had was really tough we had a lot to work on from the first time we played Coffee, We have to win this game tonight.”

Zay Hicks (12) said,  “I really think my attitude from last game against coffee caused us to lose the game, tonight I plan on having a great game and keeping my teammates up so we can win and finish the game strong.”

As the game got to a start the starting five was Johnson, MJ Taylor (10), Jeremiah Engram (12), Raekwon Thomas (12), and Cole Price (12).  Thomas won jump boy and hit it. His teammate, Engram scored a three pointer. The opposing teammate,  Jayce Moore (12), also scored a three pointer. Johnson then made a lay-up including the foul call. This game was going back and forth each team scored every time. The 1st quarter was coming to an end Johnson caught the ball from Price and drove to the half court line and tried to score a buzzer beater but the score stayed at 26-30.

Second half came and the scoring between both teams were still going. But coffee was starting to get more calls than Lee County. The Lee Trojans then ran a play that caused Taylor to hit the three pointer. On the other side, Kevon Moore (12) then tried to drive but Taylor took the charge the basket didn’t count.

As the game was almost coming to a end the referees started to give more calls to the opposing team which caused them to go to the foul line more than Lee. Price was then on a fast break and went for a lay up three of the opposing team tried to block the shot and as the ball was going in the Moore than blocked it, but the Lee fans knew that this call should have been called goal-tending. After this bad call Lee coaches got very mad which made the team to get mad and play harder. As a result the Lee Trojans fell short to Coffee boys 65-55, this brought them to a record of 13-11.

About the Writer
Nardriana Lewis, Staff Reporter

Hey I’m Nardriana Lewis, I’m a senior and I attend Lee county high school. I’m a very active person, exercising is a hobby that I enjoy the most....