Filed under ACADEMIA, CAMPUS NEWS

Regional Technology Fair

Regional Technology Fair

1st Place. At the regional technology fair, all of the students made first place and will continue on to state. Jackson Carlstrom said

1st Place. At the regional technology fair, all of the students made first place and will continue on to state. Jackson Carlstrom said "going to state will be an opportunity for many of us to get a scholarship for college."

Mrs. Beaver

Mrs. Beaver

Mrs. Beaver

Multiple students attended the regional technology fair in hopes of placing first in their categories. A few of these categories consisted of robotics, video production, audio production, and just about anything related to technology. By partaking in this competition, the students could possibly win a scholarship if they place at state. Before regional and state, the students have to present their idea to the system wide fair and after they did that is how they progressed to regional and then to state.

Hannah Lambert (11) said, “Going to state would be an honor and a possible way I could earn a scholarship for something I enjoy doing.” The possibility of earning a scholarship from the state technology fair is possible, it is very competitive with the number of people that will attend state. Besides numbers, all the students that did compete at regional got first place and will continue to state.

Jasmine Zellner (11) said, “I know that I may not place at state, but I know that I can at least say that I tried.” The transition between regional to state is the rise of competition and the number of people the students will have to compete against for a possible scholarship.

Zellner and Lambert both competed in audio production and by competing in this, they produced a video consisting of different audio and sound effects that please the ear. Besides the scholarship, the students participated in this event so they could display what skills they possess with technology and to compete against others with it.

Mrs. Beaver (faculty) said, “I’m so proud of all of our students that participated in the regional technology fair and I hope they will at least attend state.” The only difference between regional and state is the number of people attending; which leads to more competition. The students who attended regional had did not have a problem with competition compared to what they will have to deal with if they want to go to state.

The main purpose of the technology fair was to offer students an opportunity to display their knowledge in relation to technology in a form of competition. This does not necessarily mean that a person’s project is better than others, it just simply means they had a more developed project and a more abstract from of visualizing what they wanted to create. Therefore, students ability to do something with technology and attending the fair is the true meaning of the fair.

About the Writer
Carlin Garey, Staff Reporter

Hi, my name is Carlin Garey and if I had to choose one word to describe myself it would be logical. Besides that, I like photography, writing, music (all...