Soccer Tryouts

Soccer Tryouts

Spring sports season is coming up. Therefore, all of the spring sports tryouts are here or coming soon. Soccer tryouts are on January 14-18. Soccer conditioning is currently happening now. The boys are on Mondays and Wednesdays and the girls are on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school on the Trojan field.

The Lady Trojans went to the mid-playoffs last season then lost to Green Brier High School. The Boy Trojans did not make the playoffs but both teams are ready to redeem themselves this season.

At tryouts they will be doing dribbling drills, shooting drills, and lots of running. Biggest problem for the soccer team right now is having enough players on both the boys and the girls team. A total 15 or 16 can make both varsity teams.

Jatavis Williams (12) expresses himself about the tryouts and the next season. “I feel pretty good about tryouts, I know i’m going perform well and if we want to go far this year everyone has to do their part and also play as a team. The reason I play soccer is because I’ve been playing all my life and my favorite cleats to wear are CR7’s (a famous soccer players cleat),” Williams said.

Gregory Octavius (11) also expresses his feelings about tryouts and the upcoming season. “ I feel good so far and it’s been fun. Soccer is my favorite sport and it is all over the world, I didn’t get to play varsity last year, but I feel like I can really help the team out. I love to wear Adidas cleats,” Octavius said.

Abby McNany (12) said, “ I feel excited about tryouts. I’ve been playing all my life and I would love to end my high school career with a state title. My favorite cleats are Nike vapor.”

Annah Norman (12) said, “ I’m so ready for the season. I have also been player soccer my whole life. I feel like this is going to be a good year and we’re going to further than ever. I love to wear Nike cleats because they are a comfortable cleat to me.”

About the Writer
Jabahri Asbury, Staff Reporter

What's up my name is Jabahri Asbury and I am a student-athlete at Lee county High School. I am number thirteen on the football team and I play wide receiver....