Spring sport tryouts

Spring sport tryouts

Photo credits: M.Rosa

Photo credits: M.Rosa

Photo credits: M.Rosa

Photo credits: M.Rosa

The 2nd semester is filled with many new events and opportunities, including spring sport tryouts. Many students look forward to a chance to be apart of a brand new team. The excitement and even the edgy feeling of wondering if you made the team or not.

Soccer tryouts begin January 14, and end January 18.

“Tryouts are not a hard process. If you come prepared and willing to challenge yourself mentally and physically then tryouts will come easy. Tryouts are a week long process where the coaching staff grades players on agility, speed, endurance, attitude, teamwork, and soccer skills. This year I plan to have the same standards and expectations for my players as I have always had. Work hard, play hard, enjoy the moment.” Coach Simpson (faculty) said.  

Meanwhile, soccer is only one of the most thrilling sports arriving, golf tryouts will be held on February 11 at River Pointe Golf Course. Many students at Lee County High school call golf a boring thing to watch, but some feel the total opposite. “Usually all the girls make it, the tryouts aren’t really hard.” Lindsey Owens (10) said.

Tennis is one of the spring sports, practices are held Monday-Friday, 4:45pm to 6:45pm.

“I’m excited, I’ve been waiting for this moment for a while. It feels good to be able to be back out on the track. And to wear my spikes again.” Nadia Hawkins (10) said.

Track and field is right around the corner as well, practices will begin at 3:30 and end at 5:00, and conditioning is taking place right now.

Last, but definitely not least, baseball could never be left out. Baseball practice will be held at Lee County High School from 3:40pm to 5:40pm. Sometimes the team even practice on Saturdays and holidays.