Finals Week

Finals Week

Seniors study for the AMDM final as it approaches Tuesday the 18.

The time has come whether you are ready or not… its final week. This week is one of the most stressful weeks of the year. Students wondering constantly if they are able to exempt or to take the dreaded test.

This year finals are being done differently all courses will take their finals at the same time.

Monday, December 17, will be a regular schedule day, this is the day all CTAE, Fine Arts, and Electives will take their finals.

Tuesday, December 18, all english courses will take their finals during first block and all math courses will take their finals during second block with lunch and remediation to follow.

Wednesday, December 19, all science courses will be held during first block and all social studies courses will be held during second block with lunch and remediation to follow.

Thursday, December 20, all foreign language courses will be taken during first black and all makeup testing will be made up during 2nd block followed with lunch and early dismissal.

First Block 8:15-9:48

Second Block 9:53-11:28

Lunch

Third Block 11:33-1:36

Fourth Block 1:41-3:15

Exemptions are available for students who have “C” with zero absences, “B” with 3 or fewer absences, and “A” with 5 or fewer absences.  Students who have had ISS or OSS are not eligible for exemption. EOC, EOPA, or AP courses are not eligible for exemption.

Students who do not have to take a final for certain courses do not have to report to class for that testing period. Attendance will not be taken unless student does not show up for a final they are required to take. Tardiness to a final that you are required to take will result in a zero for that test.

Finals cost 20% of your overall final average for the current semester. Finals can hurt you more than they can help you so remember to study!