Filed under FEATURES

How far they will go; college applications

You+did+it%21+Deaunna+Tillman+%2812%29+graduated+from+Albany+State+University+on+December+8%2C+2018.+Tillman+is+a+senior+at+Lee+County+High+School+with+an+associate%27s+degree.+

You did it! Deaunna Tillman (12) graduated from Albany State University on December 8, 2018. Tillman is a senior at Lee County High School with an associate's degree.

Applying for college can be a very stressful time in a teen’s life. Many emotions are thrown their way, along with nerves, more schoolwork, and loads of paperwork.

Many students around campus have been applying for college for some time now. Kady Riddle (12) and her sister, Anna Harrell (12), plan to attend Georgia Southern next fall and room together.

“I wasn’t really nervous when I first applied,” Riddle said. “I was more excited to apply than anything.”

Picking a college can be a very hard thing to do, especially for a teenager. However, it wasn’t hard for Harrell to decide.

“I went and toured a lot of colleges I had interest in, and when it came down to my top two, I weighed all of my options,” Harrell said. “I really looked at majors and talked to a lot of people that went to all of the colleges.”

Taylor Bates (12) is another senior on campus that has chosen where she plans to go to college. Taylor plans to attend Kennesaw State University next fall.

“Kennesaw has always been my dream college, and I was so excited to be accepted in about a month ago,” Bates said. “The people there are so nice and the atmosphere feels like home.”

One unique college story is Deaunna Tillman (12). Just a few weeks ago, Tillman graduated from Albany State University. Tillman is only a senior, and has already finished college with an associate’s degree.

“I started dual enrollment the 2nd semester of my 10th grade year. After my first semester with college classes, I started taking at least 4 classes a semester and would even take classes in the summer,” Tillman said. “I managed to cheer, work, and go to school all at the same time because of time management and a little procrastination.”

Many other students have been accepted to other college, and there are many offers being made to the athletes around campus as well.

Applying for college can be stressful, but it can also be a very memorable time over all.

About the Writer
Haley Owens, Staff Reporter

Hi! My name is Haley Owens, and I am a senior. I am a varsity Competition and Football Cheerleader for the high school, and I have been on varsity for...