Filed under ACADEMIA, VIDEOS

Just take a breather…or don’t

Just take a breather…or don’t

With little time to ever relax and take a breather, the Lee County newspaper staff played a few games to form a closer bond while having fun.

The staff started by playing the “cup game”. This game consisted of five groups and a stack of cups (Around 10-15 red cups and a black cup on the bottom). The objective, win. With three groups of four and two groups of five, the staff took the competition to a whole new level. Each team started off with one person, each person had to move a single cup one by one to the top until they finally reached the black cup, and then they had to give the cups to the next person in their group until everyone in their group was finished. The only thing that you couldn’t do was drop them. If a cup hit the ground, you had to start over.

When this game finally came to an end, the staff decided to head to a different spot and play a different game. They decided to play “the human knot” in the rotunda. For this game, all the staff held hands and the two people in charge of monitoring the game, Georgia Miller (11) and Amber Greenhill (12), moved the staff so that they were all tangled up. The goal of the staff was to untangle themselves and get out the way they had started. Finally, the last game they played was a game called “museum”. In this game you had one person who was the night guard and the other people had to stand still motionless. The objective of this game is to tag the night-guard without the night guard seeing you move.

This group bonding time was a great time for all the staff members to take a break and have some fun. Although newspaper can be stressful and hard, it also can be very eye-opening and fun to be involved in.

With little time to ever relax and take a breather, the Lee County newspaper staff played a few games to form a closer bond while having fun. The staff started by playing the “cup game”. This game consisted of five groups and a stack of cups (Around 10-15 red cups and a black cup on the bottom). The objective, win. With three groups of four and two groups of five, the staff took the competition to a whole new level. Each team started off with one person, each person had to move a single cup one by one to the top until they finally reached the black cup, and then they had to give the cups to the next person in their group until everyone in their group was finished. The only thing that you couldn’t do was drop them. If a cup hit the ground, you had to start over. When this game finally came to an end, the staff decided to head to a different spot and play a different game. They decided to play “the human knot” in the rotunda. For this game, all the staff held hands and the two people in charge of monitoring the game, Georgia Miller (11) and Amber Greenhill (12), moved the staff so that they were all tangled up. The goal of the staff was to untangle themselves and get out the way they had started. Finally, the last game they played was a game called “museum”. In this game you had one person who was the night guard and the other people had to stand still motionless. The objective of this game is to tag the night-guard without the night guard seeing you move. This group bonding time was a great time for all the staff members to take a break and have some fun. Although newspaper can be stressful and hard, it also can be very eye-opening and fun to be involved in.

Georgia Miller

Georgia Miller

Georgia Miller