Jersey Bound

A special thanks to Rutgers University for allowing the Model UN students to attend this New Jersey conference.

Rhiannon Belcher

On Thursday November 29th, the high school model United Nations group went to Rutgers in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The group consisted of eight students and two chaperones. The trip lasted from Thursday to Sunday December 2nd. The model UN group stayed at a beautiful hotel while attended the Rutgers national conference. There were groups from New Jersey, New York, California, Wyoming, and Georgia. The Lee County Model UN group was able to attend this out of state competition by getting a scholarship from Rutgers University. The trip not only involved just compensation, but it also involved a trip to New York City, new food (Indian food to be exact), long walks in the rain, scary airplane rides, someones sweet sixteen birthday, an NYPD officer, the Rockefeller Christmas tree, and much much more. Please to not hesitate to drop a like, comment, and subscribe to our YouTube channel (JLAB 407). The awards and results of their competition of not yet to be announced, but the trip was a blast and a great experience for all the Lee County Model UN students.

Also, a special thanks to Rutgers University for allowing the Model UN students to attend this New Jersey conference.