Cheerleaders tackling Sectionals and State

Breathe+in%2C+breathe+out%21+The+Lee+County+Cheerleaders+sit+and+wait+for+their+turn+to+warm+up.+%22I%27m+excited+to+compete%2C%22+Kyli+Reese+%2812%29+said.+%22I%27m+sad+this+is+my+last+one%2C+but+this+has+been+the+best+first+year+ever.%22+

Breathe in, breathe out! The Lee County Cheerleaders sit and wait for their turn to warm up.

Breathe in, breathe out! The Lee County Cheerleaders sit and wait for their turn to warm up. "I'm excited to compete," Kyli Reese (12) said. "I'm sad this is my last one, but this has been the best first year ever."

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

The Competition Cheer season has sadly come to an end. On November 9 and 10 Cheerleaders competed in Sectionals that Friday and State that following Saturday.

“I didn’t think I was going to miss a season so much,” Lizzy Davis (10) said. “I know we didn’t get the outcome we wanted, but I’m not even upset about the season we had because it was so much fun.”

The cheerleading team placed 4 out of 24 at Sectionals and 13 out of 16 at State. Both days they almost had a near perfect routine.

“I’m really going to miss all of the cheerleaders,” Deaunna Tillman (12) said. “I cried about how good we did and how much I don’t want to leave, and you can tell how much I cared because I never cry.”

Sectionals and State are two of the hardest competitions of the whole season. All high school teams are aiming for perfection because only the best can win.

The pressure can be intimidating, but the cheerleaders definitely did not fold. They had 8 new teammates who had never been to State before, but they did not let that get in the way of what they wanted.

The cheer team had been practicing hard everyday, and they pushed each other to their limits. They all had a common goal, and they made that goal reality after they stepped off the floor.

“This has been my most favorite season yet,” Maria Cerrone (10) said. “I love this team so much and I’m not ready for the season to be over yet.”

The cheerleaders have had a very successful season, and Sectionals and State proved it. They hung with the top competitors, and they proved how fearless they really are.

The cheerleaders will continue to cheer at every football game, and cheer on their football team to State for a second year.

About the Writer
Haley Owens, Staff Reporter

Hi! My name is Haley Owens, and I am a senior. I am a varsity Competition and Football Cheerleader for the high school, and I have been on varsity for...