Filed under CAMPUS NEWS, STUDENTS

Hurricane Michael hits home

Through the extended fall break, tragedy broke out. Hurricane Michael struck our hometown and destroyed the place we knew. Cameron Drake (12) said, “I was 5 days without power, it really opened my eyes to how much I should be grateful, it also brought the community closer.”

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

Hurricane Michael was a devastating storm for multiple families and companies. Most students felt like it was the end of the world without power. Hurricane Michael brought an end to multiple events; birthdays, competitions, companies, even appointments.

Josh Taylor (10) said, “I was out of power for 3 days, it felt like the end of the world and I didn’t even have food, I definitely had trees though. My flashlight went out too.”

Colin Mitchell (12) said, “All my ice cream melted. I am definitely more appreciative for the things I have. I had an competition at the Perry fair, and I studied so hard. Then it got cancelled.”

Hurricane Michael was definitely unexpected while crashing cars, ripping shingles, and toppling trees. It was a category 4, the largest to hit Albany, Georgia.

Trista Karst (10) said, “I was scared and I was worried about everybody, cause when I heard the wind blowing I thought a tree was going to fall on our house.”

Cameron Drake (12) said, “I was 5 days without power, it really opened my eyes to how much I should be grateful, it also brought the community closer.”

While tearing homes apart, hurricane Michael also brought many together to clean up roads, chop down trees and give back to those who needed.

About the Writer
Kayla Idlett, Staff Reporter

Hey! I’m Kayla. Not really your sporty type of girl. I love my phone, and probably couldn’t go a day without it, I love writing poetry, and I could...

1 Comment

One Response to “Hurricane Michael hits home”

1. Carlin Garey on October 23rd, 2018 12:02 pm

Good job on this article! To be honest, I could not covered it any better than you. Plus, this is something everyone can relate to because we all experienced it.

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Cancer week continues

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

The hard work put into telling the story of the school year

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Fear the needle

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Introducing ‘PanopticOnline’

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Broken microwaves cause student angst

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Yearbook staff offers new senior ad discount contest

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Unbreakable kickball feud

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

School events conflict with homecoming dates

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

IF, ELT, PRIDE: Acronyms that might, might not mean the same thing

• Hurricane Michael hits home

CAMPUS NEWS

Soccer, track, tennis get new sports arenas

No announcement available or all announcement expired.
Hurricane Michael hits home