Filed under ACADEMIA, VIDEOS

APUSH classes take a break from exams

Stuck on their box, Gavin Baker (11) and Cameron Heard (11) put their heads together to solve the puzzle. The breakout boxes were made up of a series of locks that required students to literally think outside of the box.

Stuck on their box, Gavin Baker (11) and Cameron Heard (11) put their heads together to solve the puzzle. The breakout boxes were made up of a series of locks that required students to literally think outside of the box. "It was quite challenging," Heard said. "Our group was last, but at least we opened the box."

Hannah Elliott

Hannah Elliott

Mrs. Trussell’s second period AP U.S. History class takes a break from book work and tries their luck at a Lewis and Clark-themed breakout box. Using clues and resources around the library, the three teams raced against each other.

The breakout boxes were from a company called Breakout EDU, a company that specializes in interactive games. These boxes allow students to expand their thinking skills.

“The whole thing was really fun, and we learned a lot,” Madeline Conger (11) said.  “We were divided to work with people we normally don’t really get to work with, and that was pretty cool. It was also cool that we used so very much technology.”

With a new time period starting in APUSH, Trussell allowed them to get a glimpse of what is to come with the boxes. The boxes centered around Lewis and Clark and the adventures they had. The clues were about them, President Jefferson, and Sacajawea. There were letters from the President, vocabulary words, flash drives, and even a decoder.

Students got to use technology like Chromebooks and iPads to research in order to pass through each clue. Teamwork was used in each class, helping them bond and learn more about each other.

About the Contributors
Hannah Elliott, Co-Editor

Hi, my name is Hannah Elliott, and I am a junior this year, as well as a dual enrollment student with Georgia Southwestern. I am the Co-Editor, Head Copy...

Georgia Miller, Editor In Chief

Hi! My name is Georgia Katherine Miller and I am a junior this school year.  I am the Editor, the EIC, for our news site this year and I am so excited...