Filed under FEATURES

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Super Bowl LII is this Sunday, and football fans are eagerly anticipating this game. Whether it’s for the game, the advertisements, the halftime show, or the food, many people will be tuned in to the game this Sunday.

This year’s Super Bowl is pitting the New England Patriots against the Philadelphia Eagles. The New England Patriots are returning after beating the Atlanta Falcons last year. They have won sixteen games this year, and Patriots fans are cheering on their team to win this final game.

The Eagles have won 17 different games this season, having an overall strong season. With two strong teams competing for the Lombardi Trophy this year, it’s sure to be an intense game.

The New England Patriots have five trophies under their belt out of the nine Super Bowls they have made it to, making them one of the most successful teams in NFL history. They’ve got a strong team this year, led by NFL coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots head coach for the past 18 seasons. The Patriots have many NFL stars, like quarterback Tom Brady, who is one of only two players in NFL history to win five Super Bowls.

Unlike the Patriots, the Eagles have yet to win a Super Bowl. However, they can’t be underestimated. They have three national titles, and hold the record of being the only team to ever beat Vince Lombardi, the coach whom the Super Bowl trophy is named after. The team appeared to be in trouble when quarterback Carson Wentz suffered from a torn ACL in his left knee during a victorious game in Los Angeles. However, even without their star quarterback, the team has managed to stay strong, going on to win games and make their way to the Super Bowl. The Eagles are definitely a strong and determined team, and their performances this season prove it.

Different students were asked who they predicted would win the Super Bowl this year, and the results were fairly straightforward.

The Patriots are clearly the most favored team to win according to students, with 52.1% of students predicting a win for the Patriots. 24.4% of students are unsure as to who will win the Super Bowl, and only 20.5% of students predict an Eagle win.

“The Eagles have been playing good football all season…they have faced adversity and conquered it, so I’m sure they are going to go out and play greatly and won’t quit until they win.” Says Brandon Smith, one of the few students predicting a victory for the Eagles.

There’s no way of knowing who will win for sure until this Sunday, so don’t forget to tune in to the big game!