The Panoptic Online ascends to top school newspaper in the state of Georgia for Fall

The Panoptic Online News publication, Advised by Mrs. Grebel (Faculty), has received the honor of number one high school publication in the state by the Grady School of Journalism at the University of Georgia.

The team along with yearbook staff traveled to Athens, Georgia for the GSPA (Georgia Scholastic Press Association) fall conference where they attended workshops to learn more about how to make their publications more effective.

The team also went to submit their paper for the contest that would determine the top overall high school newspaper in the state. And as the results came, the winner was decided and The Panoptic Online is number one in the state of Georgia for fall.

When asked about how it felt to be number one, Grebel responded saying “It’s encouraging. Reporting news for school is important because it needs to be updated and maintained every day, and the fact that it’s quality has been recognized is very flattering and encouraging.”

The staff hopes to keep it up with their publication, doing the very best that they can.