Filed under CLUBS

Will you be seen at the pole?

The Fellowship of Christian athletes is having a good start to the year with bible studies, meetings on Tuesdays at Chick-fil-a, and “See You At the Pole” coming up.

During “See You At The Pole”, students join together across the country on Wednesday the 27th in the morning so that they can pray for our schools and our nation.

“See You At The Pole” isn’t actually going to be at the pole this year, instead, it will be on the baseball field. There are two different reasons for this move, one being safety. With the flagpole being surrounded by the drop-off circle it is sometimes unsafe for the students.

Coach Watson explained the second reason being “Exposure to students. We pray for our school on a weekly basis but this is an opportunity for our school to join us. Having it in right field under the flagpole at the baseball field will give students parking easy access to come and join us.”

FCA is having student-led bible studies the past two Friday mornings on the 15th and the 22nd. They meet at 7:30 and anyone can lead it. If a student has a desire to lead one, they should talk to Coach Watson.

Watson said that the Bible study is “Open to everyone and [he] sends out remind text on a weekly basis.”

The club is also meeting every week at the Chick-fil-a in Lee County for prayer and devotion.