Senior dates to look forward to

With+graduation+on+the+way%2C+Mckenzie+Tidwell+%2812%29+prepares+by+getting+senior+pictures.++Tidwell+plans+on+furthering+her+education+at+Georgia+Southwestern.++%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m+looking+forward+to+graduating+and+choosing+my+future%2C%E2%80%9D+Tidwell+said.+

With graduation on the way, Mckenzie Tidwell (12) prepares by getting senior pictures. Tidwell plans on furthering her education at Georgia Southwestern. “I’m looking forward to graduating and choosing my future,” Tidwell said.

Senioritis grows inside almost all seniors with the arrival of the second semester. One day every senior looks forward to is May 22, graduation day. However, there are many important dates in between now and then.  

“I’m looking forward to making as many memories as possible before I graduate,” Brittlyn Jackson (12) said, “But most of all, I’m looking forward to graduation.”

On February 3, seniors second payment of $55 towards Grad Bash is due.  If a student has not yet saved their spot, do not worry, there is still a chance to reserve their spot until further notice from the front office.  Pay attention to the announcements for more updates.

February 10 is the deadline or final chance to register for the SAT on March 11th test.  

On February 13, the school will host its annual Black History Month Program. 

On February 14, the school will have a special Valentine’s Day treat for students.  

On February 20, the ACT test day will be held at LCHS.

On March 2, seniors third and final payment of $55 towards Grad Bash is due.

On March 14, juniors and seniors will have a night of fun at this years Roaring 20’s themed prom. 

On March 25, come out and support your class as they compete in the Powder Puff game. 

On March 26, senior supplies will be delivered to those who ordered them.  

On March 31, all fees and holds must be cleared from first semester and previous years.  This includes cafeteria, media center, textbooks, uniforms, AP fees and etc.

April 6 through April 10, school is out. All students can enjoy their spring break vacation. 

On April 16, progress reports will be given to students. 

On April 16, “I’m In” day will take place. Also, Class of ‘20 souvenir gift will be given to seniors.  

On April 17, students will go to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida for their Grad Bash trip.  Seniors will also take their cap and gown individual and class pictures. Students will go to the front lobby for individual pictures which begin at seven am.  The class photo will be taken in the stadium at 8:15 am. Students who will take their cap and gown individual picture taken must bring money. Official dress under the cap and gown attire is not mandatory for individuals, however will look better in the class picture. After the class photo, students who have signed up will leave for Grad Bash.

“I have never been to universal so I am excited to go and also have fun with my fellow classmates,” Abby Hughes (12) said.

After April 19, all remaining yearbook purchases must be made through Mrs. Grebel (Faculty) in room room 407 for $100 cash.

May 1st through May 19, AP exams will occur. 

On May 4, the yearbook staff will distribute yearbooks to the school.

On May 8, the senior parade, games and picnic will take place. 

On May 21, seniors will have dress rehearsal for graduation at the Civic Center in Albany Georgia.  

Finally, what all seniors are waiting for, May 22, Graduation at 6:30 pm at the Civic Center in Albany Georgia. 

“I’m ready for graduation because I am ready to move on to the next chapter of my life,” Haleigh Summerall (12) said.