Disney’s “High School Musical” to play at Main Street Dawson Theater

Director Andrew Miller garners attention from the cast of Disney's

Director Andrew Miller garners attention from the cast of Disney's "High School Musical". They have been excited and prepared for weeks for a perfect performance later this month. "I am excited that we get to put on this show for the public," Lauren Miller (10) said. "You can expect a lot of singing, acting, and singing in this show."

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

At the Dawson Main Street Theater, excitement has been brewing for weeks. A production of “High School Musical,” based on the Disney Channel Original Movie of the same name, will be playing there later this month. Lauren Miller (10) and Jude Mullins (11), two of the cast members from LCHS, have been preparing for days and cannot wait.

Mullins has been in 14 productions prior to this, and knows what it’s like to work with a cast and crew.

“At Dawson,” Mullins said, “the cast feels more like a family, whereas other casts and crews have simply been a group of people. I feel like the cast of ‘High School Musical’ is a really great group of people!”

Miller is excited to do this show. “It is fun to be on stage in the lights with your friends,” Miller said. 

She also knows what it is like to work with the director, who happens to be her brother, Andrew Miller (LCHS alumnus).  He is specific about what he wants. “You can expect dancing, singing, and great acting,” Andrew said.

The Dawson Main Street Theater is located at 152 North Main Street in Dawson, GA. Showtimes for “High School Musical” are September 27 and 28 at 7 p.m. and Sept. 29 at 2 p.m.  Student tickets are $7.