Homecoming 2019

Phillip Walker (11) asking Emma Grace Cude (10) to homecoming before the Lee County band mattress fundraiser.  She happily said yes to go to homecoming. Walker(11) said,

Submitted Photo

Phillip Walker (11) asking Emma Grace Cude (10) to homecoming before the Lee County band mattress fundraiser. She happily said yes to go to homecoming. Walker(11) said, "I went through dozens of posters, and when I saw this one, I instantly got excited to ask her."

Homecoming week is less than a month away. As the days count down there has been many things announced already about homecoming. The 2019 theme is “The Wizard of Oz”.

Homecoming week starts Sept. 30 and ends Oct. 5. On Monday, the theme is Meme Monday, where students can dress up as their favorite meme. Tuesday, the campus will be filled Safari attire where students can dress up as an animal, or an explorer.  Wednesday, Figure out who is who on Which witch is which Wednesday. Thursday, the spotlight, and cameras are on the students with the theme Theater Thursday, where students can dress up as their favorite actor, or movie star. Friday, a Trojan storm is coming, and all classes will wear their class colors.

SGA member Madeline Conger(12) said, “At the beginning of the summer, the SGA representatives for the upcoming school year have a meeting with Mrs.Trussell to plan for the upcoming school year and design a plan for homecoming week. This year, we wanted it to be something fun and have a play on words. One of the representatives suggested “there’s no place like home-coming” from the wizard of oz and we all agreed it would be something different and fun. We also thought it would be super cool to decorate the school floor with a yellow brick road and the emerald city.”

Homecoming court was announced on Sept. 5. The sophomore representatives are Sarah Houston(10), and Reagan White(10). Junior representatives are Raven Bone(11), and Madeline McMickle(11). The senior representatives are Rodney Brooks(12), James Hopson(12), Chris Kim(12), Seth Nelson(12), Walker Pinson(12), Madeline Conger(12), Kaylin Mathis(12), Breanna Pollock(12), Sara Prias(12), and Kennedi Walker(12).

Senior representative Pinson said, “It honestly put me at a lost of because, I did not think I would make the court, but I am really excited.”

Junior representative McMickle said, “I actually did not think people would vote for me. I am really shook.”

Homecoming court will ride in the homecoming parade on Oct. 3, and there is the homecoming pep rally where the homecoming king will be announced, and later that night is the homecoming game where homecoming queen will be announced. The conclusion of homecoming is the homecoming dance on Oct. 5.