Football themes bring in a crowd

Football themes bring in a crowd

Pumped up to be at the game, Lee County students cheer in the stands.  The theme that night was cowboy and students dressed in their best country attire.

Pumped up to be at the game, Lee County students cheer in the stands. The theme that night was cowboy and students dressed in their best country attire. "It is fun to dress up and see everyone else," Anna Prince (10) said. "I look forward to the Purple out, because it is for the Alzheimer," Payton Kierce (10).

Erin Epperson

Erin Epperson

Erin Epperson

Football season has started, and with the thrill of games comes extra entertainment for the students. At each home game comes a special wacky treat for students to participate in.

Similar to homecoming week, each home football game has a theme that students can dress up to. Some students take the theme as a challenge and others just come for the game. Students come dressed up in their wackiest attire in order to show their school spirit.

One such theme was a cowboy theme that took place at a home game on October 30. The theme students are looking forward to most is the upcoming blackout night. Blackout theme will take place on November 8.

With the Blackout night two months away, students gave their input on why it is their favorite.

“I look forward to Blackout because the color black is nice,” Shannon Glass (10) said.

“I look forward to Blackout because I like the color black,” Emma Matre (11) said.

Students such as Glass and Matre look forward to Blackout as a time to display their favorite color.

there are other students however are looking forward to different themes.

“I look forward to the Jersey Night because I like jerseys. I enjoy the themes because they are fun,” Ali Martin (10) said.

Be on the lookout for each theme that will take place.

On September 13, purple is the new cool. Wear purple!

September 20 brings out sports feuds. Wear a sports jersey!

November 8 covers the stands in darkness. Wear the color black!

Kevin Stilwell (10) said, “I like having themes at football games. It brings the school together.”

Whether it is pinkout, jersey, or blackout, support the school by participating.