Filed under FOOTBALL, SPORTS

Football team starts Spring training for next season

Spring training is back in action and the Trojans are preparing for another successful season.

Football is back in action. The football team only gets two months of rest since they went so far this past year. Speed training is a mandatory training for all upcoming football players. If the upcoming football players want to continue the legacy, they will have to work very hard in the preseason to accomplish that goal.

Last year, the team played against Tifton, but they did not get to finish the game because of tornado-like weather. “I was excited and scared,” Baron Hopson (10) said. “Excited because this was my first time playing with the Trojans and I knew they expected a lot, and nervous because this was my first time starting as a tenth grader on the team.” Baron and his brother James Hopson(11) moved here from Albany Ga.

Michael Taylor (10), one of the quarterbacks for next year, said, “I do a lot of footwork and agility drills.  On my own time, I throw the ball to get my accuracy right, and during the spring game, I think I’m going to do well and throw a lot of complete throws.”

AJ Patrick (10), the next wide receiver that should be in the rotation next year, said, “I do a lot of ladder drills and catching drills at the school. Also, on my own time, I do one on ones with the defensive backs.”

Kyle Toole (11), the starting quarterback from this past year and upcoming year, said, “I workout extra every day and I do a lot of footwork and agility drills. On my own time, I throw the ball to get my accuracy right, and during the spring game, I think I’m going to do well and throw a lot of touchdowns.”

After all the training and hard work, at the end it all should pay off. The Trojans worked and worked very hard for what they have done and what they are going to do in the future.

The spring game is May 17. The Trojans will practice everyday until game day. This year’s spring game is a way for not only coaches, but other players, fans, and recruiters to see what the Trojans are about this year so they can prepare for their first 2019 regular season game. With the Trojans coming into a new season undefeated, other teams are ready to play them. With several days away, they are excited to see what they are working with. The Trojans first regular season starts off with a scrimmage against none other than Tift County, here at Trojan field at seven o’clock pm.

About the Writer
Jabahri Asbury, Staff Reporter

What's up my name is Jabahri Asbury and I am a student-athlete at Lee county High School. I am number thirteen on the football team and I play wide receiver....