Free Physical

These+are+players+from+the+football+team.+They+will+need+physicals+for+the+upcoming+school+year+if+they+want+to+be+involved+in+any+sports.+

Free Physical

These are players from the football team. They will need physicals for the upcoming school year if they want to be involved in any sports.

Sport physicals are also called pre-participation physical, sport physicals are a great way to make sure an athlete can safely play. Even if your state or school do not require it, sports physicals also help to keep immunizations up to date and provide an opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have. Practitioners provide this service for patients 18 months and older.

“Insurance is not accepted for physicals at certain clinics and payment is due at the time of your visit,” said Eric Tabor (11).  Bring any required forms including a completed health and immunization history. If the athlete has a history of any type of heart problem, heart condition, or an episode or event related to their heart, we require documentation from the athlete’s primary care or treating physician stating the condition has been evaluated and does not prevent participation in sports.

“Practitioners can only verify immunizations administered at clinics or with appropriate documentation,” said David Goodman (10). A sports physical should not replace an annual wellness physical. All students-athletes must have at least one physical during the current academic year in order to be cleared for participation. First time participants have the option of attending the free school physical held prior to each sport season, or using their family doctor.

Students playing two or more sports during the same academic year are required to complete Marlon Brown (11). Free physical days for Lee County students provided by Premier are to be held on Wednesday, May 1 and May 8. If a student need a physical for next school year, now is the time to get it done. This physical will be good through the entire 2019-2020 school year. There is no cost to parents.

“Every student must have a GHSA physical examination for signed by their parents (the history page completed) before the physician will see the student. Ninth grade girls on May 1 and ninth grade boys on May 8; students from lower campuses who missed their physical are welcome to come after the school day,” Anthony McGrady (10). Regular physicals are a chance for healthcare providers to discuss important health issues with patients, including children and their parents or guardians. These exams can make sure that the patient is healthy and physically prepared to participate in activities. McGrady also said “specific requirements vary, but during a sports or school physical the board-certified nurse practitioner or physician assistant will review the patient’s medical history, conduct a physical examination, offer information on signs of concussion, or provide a summary of the visit to the patient’s primary care provider.”

About the Writer
CorNeesia Taylor, Staff Reporter

Hi, my name is CorNeesia Taylor I go by Nique. I'm 18 years old. I work at Journey's.