Filed under CLUBS, Showcase

SGA Elections

SGA Elections

The 2018-2019 SGA officers and representatives take their club picture after their monthly meeting with Dr. Hancock (Faculty). SGA works along side faculty and staff to bring awareness of important issues students face in school as well as provide creative ideas of how to improve the school.

The 2018-2019 SGA officers and representatives take their club picture after their monthly meeting with Dr. Hancock (Faculty). SGA works along side faculty and staff to bring awareness of important issues students face in school as well as provide creative ideas of how to improve the school. "I have been a member of SGA for three years now," Madeline Conger (11) said. "I am running to be senior class President for my senior year. I love being a part of SGA because it gives me the opportunity to improve the school for the students."

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

Submitted Photo

The Student Government Association (SGA) elections will be held on May 8 through the 9. Students will vote through a google forms link that will be provided by teachers on May 8. The link will only be open from the morning of the 8th through the evening of the 9th. No votes will be recorded before of after this time.  

Candidates for the 2019-2020 school year are:

Senior Class Body President: Abby Hughes (11)

Senior Class President: Madeline Conger (11) and Brittany Benner (11)

Senior Class Vice President: Mona Ghimire (11)

Senior Class Secretary: Madison Carr (11), Georgia Miller (11), Rushabh Patel (11) and Jessi Yeh (11)

Junior Class President: Jordan Davis (10)

Junior Class Vice President: Omanie Miles (10) and Dia Patel (10)

Junior Class Secretary: Pranavi Gupta (10)

SGA is a club of elected officers and non-elected representatives who dedicate their time and efforts to improving the community and environment of the school for students. The above candidates who are not elected as an officer will become class representatives. 

“SGA is a place where students can get together and work to better LCHS,” Abby Hughes (11) said,”and I wish to be a part of that.”

Members of SGA attend meetings multiple times a month with the SGA advisers, Mrs. Trussell (Faculty) and Mrs. Dale (Faculty), as well as Dr. Hancock (Faculty) to discuss issues within the school. SGA is also in charge of designing, planning and preparing any and everything homecoming from the spirit week days to the homecoming dance. SGA also determines the student section themes for home football games. In addition to improving the school for students, SGA also works to thank faculty, administration and the custodian staff by organizing various breakfasts and lunches for them.

“The main reason I want to be Junior Class president is so I can give everyone something to find a joy at in Lee County High School,” Jordan Davis (10) said.

SGA is open to any student who has any ideas of how to improve the school or help students. Any student who did not run but wants to be a part of SGA for the 2019-2020 school year can go speak with Mrs. Trussell in room 512 or Mrs. Dale in room 510.

About the Writer
Madeline Conger, Staff Reporter

Hi, my name is Madeline Conger, and I’m a junior this year. I am a part of both yearbook and newspaper staff this school year. This is my first year...