Filed under GOLF

Waving Goodbye to Golf

Practice+makes+perfect%21+Jacob+Owens+%2810%29%2C+spends+most+of+his+time+on+the+driving+range+perfecting+his+swing.+%22Golf+takes+practice%2C%22+Owens+said.+%22It%27s+not+something+you%27re+just+automatically+good+at.%22+Owens+has+two+more+seasons+left+to+make+his+game+as+perfect+as+he+can.+

Waving Goodbye to Golf

Practice makes perfect! Jacob Owens (10), spends most of his time on the driving range perfecting his swing.

Practice makes perfect! Jacob Owens (10), spends most of his time on the driving range perfecting his swing. "Golf takes practice," Owens said. "It's not something you're just automatically good at." Owens has two more seasons left to make his game as perfect as he can.

On Monday April 29, the golf team had their last tournament of the season. They had their region match to see if they would qualify for state, but sadly they barely missed the mark.

One golfer, Kayson Cowart (12), was returning from some time off in her golf career. Cowart suffered from a shoulder injury that caused her to take a break from golf, but she eased her way back in this year and made the varsity team again.

“Coming back from an injury was hard, but I really pushed myself to make sure that I was ready and that the same injury wouldn’t happen again,” Cowart said. “I wanted to do everything that I could to make my parents and my teammates proud, so I made sure that my injury wasn’t going to hold me back this season.”

Although Cowart was working to control and potentially remove her injury completely, that did not stop her and her teammates from making new memories throughout the season that will last for life.

“The most special thing about this season was all of the new friends I made. I made so many new friends, and me and my teammates grew closer throughout the season too,” Lindsey Owens (10) said. “There were so many girls that I met throughout the tournaments and matches, and we would always encourage each other and give each other advice on what we could’ve done better at each hole.”

Region was a very bittersweet time for the girls, and it left them reflecting on their season and all the fun they had together. Many sweet memories were made, and friendships that could never be broken were formed.

“It was a fun season. We were all very close and never had a dull moment. We were there for each other when we played bad, and we were happy for each other when we shot our best score. It was fun being able to see each person improve and play the best they ever had,” Anna Grace Haggerty (12) said. “It’s very sad that this is my last year playing golf in school because this has pretty much been my life since I was little, and I’ve made so many memories being on the golf team.”

The golf team made many memories together while accomplishing many goals throughout the season. They worked hard through their season to get where they are today, and they will continue preparing for next season on their off time.

About the Writer
Haley Owens, Staff Reporter

Hi! My name is Haley Owens, and I am a senior. I am a varsity Competition and Football Cheerleader for the high school, and I have been on varsity for...