Filed under Showcase, STUDENTS

You’re In!

The+two+sisters+pose+for+a+picture+in+their+future+college%27s+wear.+The+two+plan+to+attend+Georiga+Southern+in+the+Fall.+

You’re In!

The two sisters pose for a picture in their future college's wear. The two plan to attend Georiga Southern in the Fall.

Getting into college is a very exciting time for anyone who is attending. It comes with many emotions, but ultimately it makes seniors feel as if they have worked very hard and accomplished something.

The school campus came up with a “You’re In Day” to help celebrate all students who have been accepted into their college, and gives students an opportunity to show off where they are spending the next four years of their lives.

“I am excited to be able to participate in the ‘You’re In Day’ because it gives us seniors a chance to feel accomplished at something” said Presley Mcclure (12). “I worked extremely hard to get here, and now that it’s finally here I am going to brag on myself.”

This day makes students feel at home and is a school wide thing where students feel like they are able to showcase the school of their choice. It also gives students the opportunity to feel proud for each other and all that they have accomplished.

Choosing a final college can be stressful for students, but many have said how and why they chose the college that they are going to, and the many factors that go into choosing the perfect place.

“I chose [Georgia Southern] because it is not too extremely far from home and it is sort of close to the beach” said Carlee Norman (12). “I was scared to be too far away from home, because I love my family and I wasn’t ready to move so far away from them yet.”  

Another senior, Anna Harrell had many choices, and had many things to think about before picking her college. Her mom lives in North Carolina and her dad lives in Leesburg so she wanted to pick somewhere that was somewhat in between. After a long time of thinking, Harrell plans to attend Georgia Southern University in the fall. 

“I chose it because it is right between my mom and dad’s house and it is an amazing campus. I am excited about the opportunities that are available and being able to rush is also exciting” Harrell said. “Also, my sister and friends are going to be there, so that will make me feel like I’m more at home.”

It was a hard pick for many seniors on deciding what college best fits for them, but most seniors were able to pick the best fit for them and choose the perfect college. ‘You’re In Day’ is a bittersweet day for all seniors, but it is filled with happiness and excitement for those who participate.

About the Writer
Chloe Jolley, Staff Reporter

My name is Chloe Jolley and I attend Lee County High School and I am a senior. I am 17 years old, and I work at Ibiza Boutique. I love shopping, and hanging...