Block days ending for the school year

Block days ending for the school year

As the 2018-2019 school year comes to a close, students say goodbye to the weekly block schedule on Wednesdays and Thursday. April 16 and April 17 will be the last two days of block.

The point of block days was a chance to give students extra help in all of their classes by giving them 35 extra minutes. Wednesdays were odd block days, and Thursdays were even block days. With the end of block days, students will also say goodbye to ELT and PRIDE class time, which was a chance for students to receive help in any class. This is the first school year the high school has had ELT and PRIDE split up.

Kate Nicole (10) likes that the block days will be over next week. “It will definitely be different when it is over, but I won’t have to feel confused on which class to go to,” Nicole said.

Luke Williams (11) hates that the block schedule will be over. He thinks it is a good idea to have classes split up so they can have extra chances to get work done. “I think block should be everyday, but with only four classes a day,” Williams said. “If we have four classes, then it would be so much easier to come to school instead of focusing on seven different classes everyday.”

Cassidy Lee (12) does not like that block is ending. She thinks they are taking away a chance for students to get help, especially with the end of ELT and PRIDE classes. “Why take something away that gives us a chance to get help, especially for a senior. We need all the chances we can get to do work,” Lee said. She has A’s and B’s, but she wants to be extra sure since it is her last year in high school. She wants to go out with a bang.

The 2018-2019 school year is coming to a close, and as students say goodbye to the block days, it will be interesting to see how things pan out with the seniors, as well as the rest of the campus.