Filed under CAMPUS NEWS, CLUBS, Showcase

TroBots prepare for Region and State competitions

As the TroBots prepares their robot for Region and State, they must continue to make solvable errors. As Jacob Hoover (10) said,

As the TroBots prepares their robot for Region and State, they must continue to make solvable errors. As Jacob Hoover (10) said, "We still have a lot to work on that we can easily fix with enough time."

The robotics team will attend Region and State over spring break on April 3-6, where they will compete against several other schools in hopes of having the best robot. Before they attend Region and State, there were many days where the team would have to stay after school for hours just so they could work on their robot and improve it for the obstacles ahead.

Jacob Hoover (10) said that “we have to watch other teams on YouTube and get ideas from them, buy the parts, and then construct the robot we thought of, and then go to Region and State.” Before the team can even construct a robot, they have to plan everything out and purchase the parts required to finish their dream project.

After they have an idea of what they want to do, they start rough drafting the design and purpose of their robot, which sometimes occurs from trial and error, which leads to buying more parts and redrafting their project. When all of the planning and construction is complete, the team spends time cleaning up the robot to follow the commands it is given more clearly. In the end, the team attends Region and State and has their robot competing against other team’s robots.

Megan Lopez (10) said that “despite all the hard work it takes to make our robot, it pays off in the end to see it fully functional and do what we wanted it to do.” Lopez, along with all the other hard working members, believe that their project will be functional so they can attend activities such as Region and State. People like Lopez on the team work hard until they accomplish a specific goal so they can continue working the next day.

Jacob Carlstrom (10) said that “Region and State is going to be hectic, but I have high hopes that we will not get dead-last.” Carlstrom takes into consideration the excessive amount of time they have dedicated to their project to make it functional enough to attend Region and State. According to previous years, Region and State is a timed competition with obstacles that the robot must overcome until it makes it to the end.

As the team continues to prepare for Region and State, they still work hard in an attempt to invent the best robot fit to compete in this activity. Likewise, they encounter issues with their creation, which they learn from their previous mistake as well as fixing their mistake shortly after. Through this trial and error process, the team will eventually create their dream robot that will compete in Region and State during Spring break.

About the Writer
Carlin Garey, Staff Reporter

Hi, my name is Carlin Garey and if I had to choose one word to describe myself it would be logical. Besides that, I like photography, writing, music (all...