Spring Break plans, traditions, opinions

A group of friends having fun at the beach.

As spring approaches, spring break is only weeks away. Many of the students here at the High school have different traditions or special plans when the time comes around. Some go to the beach, some spend time with family, some go to work, and some just stay home to take a ‘break’ from school.

Dejah Abner (12), plans are “ to go to Panama City Beach, with friends. I am excited because I haven’t been in the past 4 years.”

She and a group of others are going to have “The time of our lives” She plans to go to the beach and party till she cant  party anymore.

“The first day [my friends and I] will sit at the beach all day. Day 2, we will explore other things that the city has to offer. Day 3, we will go to the beach again and party hard. Finally day 4, we will go to the beach one more time than we will head home.”

Her and her friends plan on going for 4 days.

La’Trevia Jones (11) has something different when it comes to enjoying her spring break. “Its a break from school and is very much needed”

Jones said, “especially to go to the beach to be with your friends and just to have fun.”

She mentions that she will be at home to make sure she catch up with all her school work than she will hang with friends. Her family tradition during spring break is going to Daytona Beach.

Javen Wimberly (12)  mentions that she would be doing something most athletes will probably be doing as well. “Since ninth grade I’ve trained with my mom on sprinter forms and jumps for track.”

She also says that if she doesn’t train she would go to work. Javen works at McDonald’s and says that “while they sleep you grind.”

Meaning, while everyone else is doing them weather its partying, going to the beach, or hanging with friends… You do something that’s benefiting you and your bank.

Coach Davis’ (Faculty) break plans are to clean up her home and exercise.

”This is not only a break for students but for teachers as well, I will be home grading my papers and exercising.”

As you know spring break is a break from school to have fun. This is also a great way that students can catch up on their studies or go have fun with their friends and or family.