Filed under CAMPUS NEWS

Going into the last 9 weeks

Going into the last 9 weeks

Addy Angira (12) studies  or her midterm in a quiet and peaceful place. 
She is in the media center in a quiet environment  preparing for her tests.

Addy Angira (12) studies or her midterm in a quiet and peaceful place. She is in the media center in a quiet environment preparing for her tests.

Doing well in high school can have so many benefits in your life in the long run. Getting better grades in middle school is one thing to get into the colleges you want, it is important to get good grades in high school grades. Besides, your academic achievement is a major factor when you are trying to win competitive scholarships. College actually matter and determine where you will actually end up.

“Transitioning into a JR feels a bit scary, but I’m prepared for it all,” said Chavis Allen (10). He have realized that if he motivate himself, listen and participate in class, ask questions when he do not understand something will help him and take him a long way. Some may feel as if high school is basic when it come down to academic wise and others actually take what they have learned and use it in college within their first year there.

Becoming a SR of high school seem a bit fun, but quite scary also. Now that you are well into the first semester of your last year of high school, I am sure it is beginning to hit you that soon your life is going to do a complete 180. While this probably seems incredibly intimidating, and you still may have no idea where you are headed.

Keyera Holly (11) said, “I am prepared for it all. I took tips from my friends that are actually seniors and they have said keep my GPA up, start thinking about my academic talents and passions, and cherish my free time when I actually do have it.” Trust me, you are going to miss it enjoy it while it is still lasting.

Maintaining grades while other events are happening as a senior can be a headache. “After high school I am scheduled to leave and go in the U.S. Army in June,” said Briana Green (12). “I know for sure that will be a big transition for me, being away from my parents, siblings, and meeting new people from all across the country.” Green (11) also said, “I’m just trying to finish my last 9 weeks of high school strong and enjoy because I know there are some people I won’t even see again.”

Everyone should keep their dreams even if they seem hard to reach and do things that make you happy throughout life.