Filed under CAMPUS NEWS, FOOTBALL

2018-2019 Football Banquet

2018-2019 Football Banquet

Defensive Player of the year Jammie Robinson (12) takes a picture with head coach Dean Fabrizio (faculty). This photo was shot at the Banquet on February 11. Robinson said

Defensive Player of the year Jammie Robinson (12) takes a picture with head coach Dean Fabrizio (faculty). This photo was shot at the Banquet on February 11. Robinson said "It is truly a blessing to have been a part of this team this year and to receive a ring like this one."

The football team state champion’s wait is finally over. On February 11, the team had their football banquet and received their rings, and seniors received their football banner as well. Since the boys had a 16 game season, and also had to wait on their rings, their banquet was pushed back to February, even though their season ended in December.

This was not only a special moment for the players and coaches, but it was also a special moment for the parents, cheerleaders, film crew, and water girls. It impacted the community as well.

Coach Benjamin Bailey (faculty) explained how he felt about the season. “[It was] Good, it’s not something many people can say they have done,” Bailey said.

Coach Jim Kremer (faculty) expressed his feelings on how far the boys went in their season. “It’s a great feeling. Many invest time, and to see it reach the highest level is very fulfilling,” Kremer said. “I did have a feeling in the beginning that we were going back to state. It was a matter of staying humble and hungry.”

Kremer continues, explaining the differences they made from their previous season. “The things we did differently was upgrade everything around the football time, but we kept the same structure,” Kremer said.  “Hopefully most of the players will visit back, but I know they will be busy. The thing I’ve learned from the head coach is to be tough on everyone.”

At the banquet, Max-preps came and awarded the football team a trophy for being one of the top teams in the nation. After that, there were speakers to introduce the banquet, such as Dean Fabrizio (faculty), Steve Glover (faculty), and Karen Hancock (faculty).

The coaches were the first to get their rings. After the coaches, the film crew, water girls, cheerleaders, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders received their rings. 

After the banquet, there was a big community pep rally at the Trojan football field. The community came out to support the football team’s state championship victory once again. This will be a memory for the campus for years and years to come.

About the Writer
Jabahri Asbury, Staff Reporter

What's up my name is Jabahri Asbury and I am a student-athlete at Lee county High School. I am number thirteen on the football team and I play wide receiver....