Regional Qualifiers for Skills/ CTAE Month

It is Community Technical and Adult Education (CTAE) month in February, were you celebrate your local CTAE community members for their achievements and accomplishments. If students want to stop by Mr. Wanner’s (faculty) room or Mr Storys (faculty) or even Mr. Walkers (faculty) and Mrs Sapps (faculty) to say congrats for their achievements and accomplishments with their programs and having another successful year in SkillsUsa and FFA it would probably make their day.

Not only that, with one more competition before state you know the trojans showed up to show out for this regional qualifier. Students competed in welding, carpentry, electrical, team build, job descriptions, job interview, prepared speech and architectural drawing are some of the many categories for students to compete in. We had a couple of students place 1st in different categories and those being Justin Story (12), who placed in electrical, Ty Smith (11),who placed in carpentry, Briana Grant (12) who placed in job description and Payton Geer (12) Cole Eubanks (12) Rusty Dixon (10) Dale Willis (11) who placed in team build. Out of 15 competitors they brought with them, 7 of them placed in the 6 categories for Lee SkillsUsa. Justin Story (12) said “ It feels great to be able to place 1st for our school and represent the school well, now let’s just see if we could get it done for state.”

With that being said SkillsUsa will be going on March 22 to compete in state qualifiers or championship and for most students who compete in this. It’s a game changer for them they could earn some serious scholarship money or feedback for top technical colleges in the nation.