Filed under FEATURES

Positivity keeps the world balanced

Positivity keeps the world balanced

Throughout life you will always come across  many people with some sort of attitude. Some of those people may have negative attitudes, some may have positive attitudes or some could be in between. You may wonder how these people with positive attitudes keep a smile on their face even when it is storming outside. Here are a couple of steps to maintain that positive attitude:

Step one: You have to surround yourself with positive people and positive things. You can not possibly think that surrounding yourself with people or things who constantly try to bring you down will help you keep a positive attitude. If you have friends who are always being negative or always doing something negative you need to reevaluate and ask yourself will those people benefit you in the future.

Step two: Make sure to remember anything you set your mind to you can do it. Just like “The Little Engine That Could,” you keep the mindset of “I know I can, I know I can.”Although some things may not be so easy and simple to do, you just have to keep pushing yourself to do it.

Step three: Always keep faith in the man above. He might not come when you want him but he will be there right on time. When you need his assistance all you have to do is send up a little prayer to him. For example, when you are taking a test and you have studied all you can but you just need that reassurance, right before you get that test close your eyes and ask God to help you and guide you through your test. Everything will work out in your favor as long as you keep faith and trust in God. Remember Philippians 4:13 said, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Step four: Surround yourself with people who want to see you win and who supports all of the decisions you make in your life. Surround yourself with people who congratulates you on your accomplishments and not those who shakes your hand, smiles in be your face but then secretly envies you. Also, keep yourself around those who make you smile all the time.

Of course there are many other steps to keeping a positive attitude, but these are sort of the basic things. Hopefully these tips helped and maybe you have learned something from them.

About the Writer
Aniya Gardner, Staff Reporter

My name is Aniya Gardner, I am an 18 year of child of God senior here and Lee County High School. I enjoy listening to gospel music on a daily and watching...